There is always a dilemma that which type of air conditioner should be installed at your place. You need to keep the ambiance and style of your property in mind while deciding to install an AC system. They should go well with your lifestyle and should be able to run for a long time efficiently.
Enercell Air Conditioning is a company that specializes in air con installation. They provide you the affordable rates and the professionals are experts at installing any kind of system at your place. The team of experts is easy to talk with and you can tell them freely what kind of services you expect. They guarantee full customer support.
Difference between Split and Ducted Air Conditioners
Split air conditioner
Split AC consists of a head unit and a condenser. The head unit is placed inside the house and the condenser or external unit is placed outside the property.
- It is comparatively much cheaper than the ducted air conditioners. It offers low installation costs.
- It gives you the power to control the temperature which is operated with the help of remote control. You can select the desired temperature according to the size of your room.
- It is considered for installation in double-story buildings. The reason behind this is that installation of ducts between levels will not be an easy task and may not even work sometimes.
- It is a good option where cooling of just one room is required.
- Often the placement of condensers outside the home creates problems. It may even not provide a good look at the property. However, nowadays bulkhead units are used for resolving this issue.
- It keeps only a limited area cool. If you need cooling beyond that zone then you need to consider factors like additional power consumption and cost.
Ducted air conditioner
Only the vents are visible after its installation. Its entire unit is hidden and the cooling takes place in multiple rooms. This is referred to as zoning.
- It is quite expensive but aids in the cooling of an entire property.
- It lets you preserve an even temperature for all the rooms.
- You can switch off its cooling service in zones where it is not required.
- They are much quieter than Split air conditioners.
- They are more efficient.
- You can even install a heating system in ducted air conditioners which will allow you to keep your room warm in winters. This is termed as a reverse cycle unit.
- These air conditioners can only be installed if you have a room for ducting.
- Even if you are cooling a few rooms, you need to pay for an entire property.
- You cannot control the temperature unless you don’t have a smartphone or wifi connectivity. In the absence of such connections, you have to rely on its controller only.
Any specific type of air conditioner cannot be said to be the best for you. The systems to be installed are dependent on your needs.